Sunset Island Tours
Sunset Drinks at the Iconic Lady of the Rocks Island
Our Lady of the Rocks and Island Saint George are the two spectacular islands, off the coast of the beautiful Old Town of Perast, an important protected UNESCO world heritage site in Bay of Kotor. The privately owned Island of Saint George contains Saint George Benedictine monastery from the 12th century and the old graveyard for the old nobility from Perast.
The famous island Lady of the Rocks, also known as “Gospa od Škrpjela” is particularly interesting given that it is the only artificially-built island in the Adriatic, with an area of 3,030 m² with The Roman Catholic Church in the centre and a museum. According to legend, the island was made over the centuries by local seamen who kept an ancient oath after finding the icon of Madonna and Child on the rock in the sea in 1452. Upon returning from each successful voyage, they laid a rock in the Bay. Over time, the islet gradually emerged from the sea. The custom of throwing rocks into the sea is alive even nowadays. Throw a rock into the sea and make a wish!
What is the duration?
Sunset tour of Lady of the Rocks takes 90 minutes, but can be extended to 2 hours with a visit to Perast across the bay, or 3 hours with a dinner stop over.
Where does it start?
The tour begins from Tivat – Porto Montenegro – Pier 1. However we are happy to collect you anywhere on the Kotor Bay (extra charges may apply depending on time and distance from our home port).
What can I expect?
- 25 minutes boat ride along the historic Verige Strait, the narrowest section of the bay - only 340 m wide at its narrowest point linking the open bay to the Iconic Lady of The Rocks Island
- 30 minute walk around Our Lady of the Rocks
- sunset drinks and photo stop in front of the island
- 25 minutes night-time cruise and scenic views back to Tivat
What should I bring?
You might want to bring a light jacket, as the weather gets cooler as the sun sets (blankets are provided upon request).
What else can I do?
There are many options to extend the tour and plan a magical night out – Go for a walk or stay for dinner at Conte Restaurant over looking the islands in Perast, a UNESCO World Heritage Old Town or for a truly unique experience take a ride to Catovica Mlini restaurant in Morinj, moments from the island, where upon entering the cove with fresh water streams, transfer over to a fishing boat, which takes you down narrow meandering streams, under bridges to the breathtaking restaurant, fish farms and gardens in the Morinj valley (additional costs may apply of waiting time and transfer).
What else do I need to know?
Dress Code: Please note swimsuits and swimming trunks without a shirt are not acceptable attire on the island of Lady of the Rocks but casual beachwear is acceptable. Boating is an active entertainment and there is always a chance you may get wet. We are happy to provide waterproof ponchos if requested.
What is the best time to visit?
Sunset – Recommended departure time from Tivat is 30 minutes before sunset.
- April 7.00pm (Sunset Starts: 7.30pm)
- May 7.30pm (Sunset Starts: 8.00pm)
- June 7.50pm (Sunset Starts: 8.20pm)
- July 7.50pm (Sunset Starts: 8.20pm)
- August 7.15pm (Sunset Starts: 7.45pm)
- September 6.20pm (Sunset Starts: 6.50pm)
- October 5.30pm (Sunset Starts: 6.00pm)
- Tour price depends on number of people and which boat you book. For more info and a quotation please contact us via email or info line.
Included: A bottle of local wine or Prosecco, glasses, a traditional cheese and ham plate and/or fruit plate for every two persons and towels upon request.
Not Included: Additional choice of champagne, beer and wine. Full list of champagne, wine and other catering options available upon request.
For access to the church and museum there is a 1€ donation per person. (Please note the church and museum is closed from 7/7.30pm – special out of hours access available upon request, additional fees may apply and it must be organised in advance). If you would like to visit the church during working hour, it is recommended to start the tour earlier.
If you wish to extend the tour to dinner, it is not included in the price of the tour. Dinner packages are available at selected restaurants upon request.
- Tour Guide: 45€ per hour
- Extra waiting time: 35€ per hour
Additional Costs for Extended Tours:
- Perast & Conte Restaurant – there is no additional transfer cost, waiting time is billed at 35€ per hour
- Catavica Mlini, Morinj – additional transfer cost €24 and waiting time is billed at 35€ per hour
- Kotor Old Town - additional transfer cost 104€ and waiting time is billed at 35€ per hour
- Tour Guide: 45€ (1 hour); 60€ (2 hours); 80€ (up to 4 hours - Half Day); 150€ (up to 8 hours - Full Day) – There maybe an additional charge of waiting time or transport cost for the guide if the tour is extended. Please enquire for further information.
Notes: All our tour guides are Local Licensed Guides specialising in the region of Boka Bay and the country of Montenegro.